Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Train Up a Child

I Will Follow You Into the Dark

Helping kids know that God has their best interest in mind at all times and following after God and His call for their lives is important to teach and to live out each day in front of them. Take some time to talk with your kids about God's love and desire to guide them in life if they would trust Him.

Item needed: flashlight

Take your kids on a night hike. Bring a flashlight, but keep it hidden. Start out in the dark and after a short distance, turn on the flashlight.

Ask:
Which was easier--walking with or without the flashlight?
Of course, it was easier because we could see the path.

Read Proverbs 3:5-6 (Trust in the LORD with all your heart; and lean not unto your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.)

Tell them:
God knows you and He knows the future.

Join hands (while outside) and let each child tell God that they believe in Him and want to follow Him.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a very blessed SAHM. I am blessed with an abundant amount of grace from my Creator and Savior. He has blessed me with an amazing man as my life long best friend, husband and father of our two precious gifts of energy and life. My days are full with the activities of homekeeping, and the joys and adventures of two healthy and energetic kiddos. I am basking in His grace daily.