Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Boo-tiful Ideas

Fall is a favorite season because it brings lots of wonderful holidays wrapped in sweet memories of my childhood, the crisp and snappy air, the handiwork of God and amazing blessings such as the births of my two sweet ones and the time to look forward to the world focusing on our Savior and Lord's birth - the greatest gift to mankind!
Fall is a fun time for football(Go Jackets!!), comfort food and fun traditions to carry on and start with my little ones. Here is a childhood tradition with lots of good memories that I look forward to each fall. What fall traditions does your family do each fall?

ROASTED PUMPKIN SEEDS
Ingredients
- One medium to large size pumpkin
-Salt
-Cooking oil or Olive oil

Instructions
1 Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut open the pumpkin, scoop out the insides with a spoon. Separate the seeds from the stringy core. Rinse the seeds.
2 Place seeds in a small sauce pan. For every 1/2 cup of seeds add in 2 cups of waters. Add a half tablespoon of salt for every cup of water. Bring to a boil. Let simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the stove and drain.
3 Spread about a tablespoon of cooking oil or olive oil on the bottom of a roasting pan/cookie sheet or jelly roll pan. Spread the seeds out over the pan, all in one layer. Bake on the top rack until the seeds begin to brown, 10-20 minutes. When browned , remove from the oven. Let the seeds cool all the way down before eating.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a very blessed SAHM. I am blessed with an abundant amount of grace from my Creator and Savior. He has blessed me with an amazing man as my life long best friend, husband and father of our two precious gifts of energy and life. My days are full with the activities of homekeeping, and the joys and adventures of two healthy and energetic kiddos. I am basking in His grace daily.