Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A Mom's Prayer

Treasure Boxes

Sometimes (more often than I care to admit) I feel very alone and out of sorts in my life. Sometimes it is because I am hanging on to some hurt or worse, some sin. It usually takes me a while. Pity parties and self-beating with the guilt rod do take some time. Until finally, I turn my heart and eyes back toward God and His unfathomable love for me despite my feelings. I go to my Heavenly Daddy because He alone can always provide the comfort, love and hope I need to move ahead. With God I am not alone or forgotten. He cares about my hurts. He is the only One who can really speak to me in a way that I can feel and understand.

When I finally turn to my Heavenly Daddy, I pull out a Treasure Box I created with little "treasures" to pull out and meditate on. The Treasure Box would also be a great gift of love to someone that you know who is hurting or going through some difficult times.
As you read the following verses, you will notice that they are not exact quotes from God's Word, but have been written in a conversational way that explains the promise found in the scriptural verse.
You can do your verse slips this way, or type the verse word for word from the Bible-whichever way you feel will help you feel closest to your Heavenly Daddy. Each time you see a (xxx), that is where you should insert your name, or the name of the person for whom you are making a treasure box.
Treasure Verses:
your name here), I carry your burdens every day. Psalm 68:19
You can know and depend on the love that I have for you, (xxx). 1 John 4:16
You can trust in My faithfulness, (xxx), because My Word is true. Psalm 33:4
If you enter in My rest, (xxx), you will find rest from all your striving. Hebrews 4:9-10
My Spirit will help you in your weakness, (xxx). Romans 8:26
You can rest in My love, (xxx), for I have power to save you. Zephaniah 3:17
I will meet your every need, (xxx), through My eternal riches in Jesus Christ. Philippians 4:19
I will be the voice behind you, (xxx), guiding you in the way you should go. Isaiah 30:21
(xxx), I will give you power to know the vastness of My immeasurable love. Ephesians 3:17-19
Trust in Me with all your heart, (xxx), and I will guide you. Proverbs 3:5-6
Come close to Me, (xxx), and I will come close to you. James 4:8
I prepared a kingdom inheritance for you, (xxx), when I created the world. Matthew 25:34
I am with you, (xxx), and I will help you because I am your God. Isaiah 41:10
My promise of life is for you and for your family, (xxx). Acts 2:39
Reach out and you will touch Me, for I am not far from you, (xxx). Acts 17:27
Commit all that you do to Me, (xxx) and your plans will be successful. Proverbs 16:3You can trust in Me, (xxx), for I am your strength and your song. Isaiah 12:2
I will never abandon you, (xxx). Hebrews 13:5
If you wait for Me, (xxx), I will work on your behalf. Isaiah 64:4
An eternal crown awaits you at the finish line, (xxx). 1 Corinthians 9:24-25
I am near to you whenever you cry out, (xxx). Deuteronomy 4:7
I will keep watch over you and guard you forever, (xxx). Psalm 12:7
My love will never fail you, (xxx). 1 Corinthians 13:8
Call on me, Tracie, when you are in trouble and I will rescue you. Psalm 91:15
There is no place you can go to escape My presence, (xxx). Psalm 13:7-10
When problems arise, (xxx), call to Me and I will answer you. Psalm 86:7
The good things I have planned for you, (xxx), are too many to count. Psalm 40:5
For you, (xxx), are honoroed in My eyes. I, your God, am your strength. Isaiah 49:5
I will protect and carry you, (xxx), all the days of your life. Isaiah 46:4
Though the mountains vanish, My unending love will never lear you, (xxx). Isaiah 54:10
Ask Me for wisdom, (xxx), and I will generously give it to you. James 1:5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a very blessed SAHM. I am blessed with an abundant amount of grace from my Creator and Savior. He has blessed me with an amazing man as my life long best friend, husband and father of our two precious gifts of energy and life. My days are full with the activities of homekeeping, and the joys and adventures of two healthy and energetic kiddos. I am basking in His grace daily.