Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Carpe Diem, Girls!

I looked at the calendar the other day and realized another year has practically flown right past me! One reason the years fly by is that we are so incredibly busy - busy with life, busy just to be busy, busy trying to survive this thing called Mothering. But what a blessing this life is and this thing called Mothering is! Why haven't I enjoyed this year more? Because I need to slow down and just dwell in the moment. Ann Kroeker's latest book: Not So Fast: Slow-Down Solutions has some great thoughts and ideas about this very thing. Here is a sampling of some ideas of things to do to enjoy the moment. Let me know what would you pick to do?

~ Stare at something beautiful. Stare for a long, long time
~ Go outside with your kids and a magnifying glass and look at things
~ Sketch something
~ Paint something
~ Write something
~ Look at some stars

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a very blessed SAHM. I am blessed with an abundant amount of grace from my Creator and Savior. He has blessed me with an amazing man as my life long best friend, husband and father of our two precious gifts of energy and life. My days are full with the activities of homekeeping, and the joys and adventures of two healthy and energetic kiddos. I am basking in His grace daily.