Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Train Up a Child

Prayer
This week take time to talk with your children about prayer. Jesus set the example of praying for others. Many of us take time to pray at meals and perhaps before bed. Teaching children to pray in all circumstances such as when they are scared, apprehensive and when they are overjoyed about going on a special outing or a treat is important also. Children pray about their belongings and family members in the household. It is important to begin teaching them to pray for others they may not know or don't know very well and especially those that don't yet follow Christ as their Savior.
Make a prayer book. Collect pictures from relatives and friends and put these in a book (photo album or small scrapbook works great). As you pray at bedtime, teach your children to include a prayer for those not yet following Jesus.

Pray:
• that they would know how much God loves them
• that they would understand the truth about Jesus
• that they would obey Christ and become a child of God.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a very blessed SAHM. I am blessed with an abundant amount of grace from my Creator and Savior. He has blessed me with an amazing man as my life long best friend, husband and father of our two precious gifts of energy and life. My days are full with the activities of homekeeping, and the joys and adventures of two healthy and energetic kiddos. I am basking in His grace daily.