Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Shepherd Became a Sheep

By Sharon Jaynes

The angels appeared and called to me
"Be not afraid, dear one.
For you are now a lowly sheep
For your God sent His Son."

"Go to the babe and see him there
We will lead the way.
The shepherd has chosen you - a sheep
To celebrate this day."

We ran and saw the baby there
I'll never be the same.
He raised his eyes, said not a word,
And yet he spoke my name.

Years have passed and now I know
This babe became a man.
He lived and died and rose again
And now I understand.

"Follow me," Jesus said,
"And I will lead the way."
"My sheep listen, know my voice
And with me they will stay."

I was a shepherd, to be sure.
My sheep slept at my feet.
But on that night the babe was born,
And I became a sheep.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a very blessed SAHM. I am blessed with an abundant amount of grace from my Creator and Savior. He has blessed me with an amazing man as my life long best friend, husband and father of our two precious gifts of energy and life. My days are full with the activities of homekeeping, and the joys and adventures of two healthy and energetic kiddos. I am basking in His grace daily.