Thursday, December 10, 2009

Cinnamon Muffins

Cinnamon Muffins

1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar (you can sub out 1/4 cup honey for this)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp vanilla (or 1/2 if you like a lot of vanilla flavor)
1 egg - lightly beaten
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup melted butter (you can sub out oil for this or even applesauce)

Topping (if desired):
2 TB Sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup butter

(I usually make this in my mixer)
In large bow, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Combine the egg, milk and butter; mix well. Add to dry ingredients and mix until moistened. Spoon into greased or paper lined muffin cups. Bake at 400 degrees for 12-14 minutes or until muffins test done. For topping, combine sugar and cinnamon. Brush the tops of warm muffins with butter, sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Makes 1 dozen.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a very blessed SAHM. I am blessed with an abundant amount of grace from my Creator and Savior. He has blessed me with an amazing man as my life long best friend, husband and father of our two precious gifts of energy and life. My days are full with the activities of homekeeping, and the joys and adventures of two healthy and energetic kiddos. I am basking in His grace daily.