Thursday, December 17, 2009

Let's Play!

This is a great time to help kids understand the importance of giving gifts rather than receiving the gifts. Neighbors, teachers, family members or friends will love to get this sweet and fun gift you and the kids can make and take.

The Mix
1 1/3 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup M&Ms
1 cup regular oats
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp.Kosher salt (or 1/4 tsp table salt)

Add directions to a card and attach to the jar: To make cookies, mix jar contents with 1/2 cup melted butter, 1 egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Drop by 2 tablespoons on cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes at 350°.

(makes about 2 dozen cookies)

Instructions
Layer in a 1 quart jar

1. Mix flour, salt & baking soda, place in bottom of jar
2. Oats
3. M&Ms
4. Brown Sugar (press down firmly)
5. Sugar

Screw lid on tightly, add ribbon and the card and you have a sweet gift!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a very blessed SAHM. I am blessed with an abundant amount of grace from my Creator and Savior. He has blessed me with an amazing man as my life long best friend, husband and father of our two precious gifts of energy and life. My days are full with the activities of homekeeping, and the joys and adventures of two healthy and energetic kiddos. I am basking in His grace daily.