Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Magic Reindeer Food

Every year, my kids love preparing cookies,milk or cocoa for Santa. But they especially love preparing a snack for the reindeer! We put out carrots because that is what Mommy always did as a little girl and she can't totally change the menu. The littles have added one more special treat to the menu, Magic Reindeer Food. Before we go to bed, we go outside to look at the stars and sprinkle the magic treat in the yard. Then we go in and quickly put out Santa's plate and mug along with the carrots.

Here's what you do:
Add 2 to 3 scoops of dry oats to a small bag and sprinkle in some festive sugar sprinkles.

Attach the following poem:
Take this magic reindeer food and sprinkle it on the lawn,
On Christmas, Santa's reindeer travel miles before the dawn.
The smell of oats and sugar path will guide them on their way
And you'll wake up to Santa's gifts next morn on Christmas Day!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a very blessed SAHM. I am blessed with an abundant amount of grace from my Creator and Savior. He has blessed me with an amazing man as my life long best friend, husband and father of our two precious gifts of energy and life. My days are full with the activities of homekeeping, and the joys and adventures of two healthy and energetic kiddos. I am basking in His grace daily.