Thursday, December 10, 2009

Just Desserts

Mocha Cinnamon Bars

Stir together 2 t. instant coffee crystals, 1/2 t. each of water, vanilla extract in small bowl. Set aside.
Stir together 2 c. flour and 1 t. cinnamon in another bowl. Set aside.
Using an electric mixer, beat together 1 cup butter or margarine (I use one stick of each), 1/2 c. each of brown sugar and granulated sugar on high until fluffy. Add one egg yolk, beat well. Then beat in coffee mixture, then flour mixture. Beat until combined.
Press the dough into a 9 by 13 pan. Bake at 350 for 15 to 18 minutes. When it’s brown and not gooey in the middle, take it out, and sprinkle with 1 cup chocolate chips. I use dark chocolate but you can use whichever kind you like. Optional: sprinkle with chopped walnuts or pecans. I skip those and sprinkle it with Christmas sprinkles. Cut while warm. They are very rich so I cut them in small squares.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a very blessed SAHM. I am blessed with an abundant amount of grace from my Creator and Savior. He has blessed me with an amazing man as my life long best friend, husband and father of our two precious gifts of energy and life. My days are full with the activities of homekeeping, and the joys and adventures of two healthy and energetic kiddos. I am basking in His grace daily.