Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Cocoa

One of my favorite things about the fall and winter months is the unlimited excuses to sip hot cocoa. It is one of my ultimate comfort foods. While the cocoa in my favorite cup warms my hands and my body; my heart and spirit can be warmed,too. Here’s one way the word ‘COCOA’ can help us remember some important aspects of Christmas.

C is for CHRIST. He’s the reason for Christmas!
O is for ORNAMENTS. As we decorate our tree, let’s remember to decorate our hearts and homes with God’s love.
C reminds us to CELEBRATE. It’s easy to get focused on giving, but let’s not forget to celebrate all that God has given us!
O is for OVERJOYED! Instead of getting overwhelmed with our schedules, let’s get overjoyed by remembering why Jesus was born.
●And A is for ABUNDANCE! In the abundance of presents and people, let’s remember that what we really need is the abundant life Jesus promised through a relationship with Him.

Mint Cocoa Drink Mix

Ingredients

•1 package (30 ounces) instant chocolate drink mix
•1 package (25.6 ounces) nonfat dry milk powder
•2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
•1 cup powdered nondairy creamer
•25 peppermint candies, crushed
ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each servings):
•1 cup milk

Directions

In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 53 servings (17-2/3 cups total).
To prepare hot drink: Warm milk; stir in 1/3 cup mix until dissolved.
Yield: 1 serving.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a very blessed SAHM. I am blessed with an abundant amount of grace from my Creator and Savior. He has blessed me with an amazing man as my life long best friend, husband and father of our two precious gifts of energy and life. My days are full with the activities of homekeeping, and the joys and adventures of two healthy and energetic kiddos. I am basking in His grace daily.