Sunday, September 20, 2009

How Long Have You Been Here?

Hello, jars, bottles and containers in my fridge! How long have you been hanging out in here? One of the most put off tasks is the fridge clean out. It is so hard to remember when that forgotten jar of pizza sauce was last used. The only way to find out if it should stay or go is to open the jar and see if anything besides pizza sauce is in there. It is not a lovely task. It is a good science lesson for the kids and a good diet method though. But I would prefer to save science and better eating habits for something not so disgusting or so expensive as I throw that bottle in the trash. So I keep a Sharpie type marker at the refrigerator to write the date that the jar, bottle or container was first opened. This helps save money,the landfills, my appetite and saves some time so I can find other fun science discoveries for the kids. So good-bye yucky jars, bottles and containers! I know exactly how long you have been hanging around in my fridge! A-HA

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a very blessed SAHM. I am blessed with an abundant amount of grace from my Creator and Savior. He has blessed me with an amazing man as my life long best friend, husband and father of our two precious gifts of energy and life. My days are full with the activities of homekeeping, and the joys and adventures of two healthy and energetic kiddos. I am basking in His grace daily.