Sunday, September 20, 2009

Delayed Obedience is Disobedience

"These commandments that I give you are to be in your hearts. Impress them on your children." Deuteronomy 6:6-7 As parents, we are the primary teachers of God's commands and will for our children. Sometimes figuring out creative and meaningful ways to communicate God's Word to our children is hard. I will try to post one or more ideas to teach a virtue or character trait each week. This week is obedience. Hello? How many of us have a hard time getting this idea to stick in the kids' heads. So try this idea...
Ask:
What does this statement mean, "Delayed obedience is disobedience."
Delayed obedience is when you don't obey right away. Like when you're told to take out the trash and you wait until you're finished watching TV. If you don't obey when you are told, you are disobeying! What could happen if you wait? (you could forget and not do it)

Tell your kids you're going to be watching this week. You want them to obey you RIGHT AWAY - don't wait. Every time, they obey RIGHT AWAY, give them a big hug and tell them how glad you are to see them obeying RIGHT AWAY.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a very blessed SAHM. I am blessed with an abundant amount of grace from my Creator and Savior. He has blessed me with an amazing man as my life long best friend, husband and father of our two precious gifts of energy and life. My days are full with the activities of homekeeping, and the joys and adventures of two healthy and energetic kiddos. I am basking in His grace daily.