Thursday, August 6, 2009

Back to School

Summer is ending and kids are heading back to school. Now for lots of mommies this is a huge "HURRAH!" But for this mommy, it is conflict. I love my children and cherish the fact that I have children and they are so great! I know they need to go to school and to experience independence and learn things that are better taught by other educators. But I also like having them under my wings. I can protect them a little better. So this week as I watch my oldest march proudly into "big school", I say a little prayer for her safety and her education. Then I take my youngest home with me for his last year of mommy time. My challenge is to enjoy each day with each of them because I know very well that before I am ready they will be packing up pillows, a favorite stuffed friend from today and lots of future memories and heading off to college and life will change again. So "HURRAH!" for school and all the adventures it holds for my little ones's life but "SOBS!" for days past when I didn't embrace or cherish my time with the little ones. So say a prayer or two today for your little ones - the ones still at home and the ones heading to "Big School" and praise God for the time you have with each of them. Jesus' Mommy, Mary, "cherished all these things in her heart." I don't know if she totally understood all the ramifications of raising God's Son, but I bet she knew He was special and was going to experience lots of trials but also do some AWESOME things. So it is with our own kids- so cherish each child and each day.

Now to dry my eyes and figure out how to handle school life. Lunches, uniforms, homework. Yes, Kindergarten has homework now. More Back to School ideas to come.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a very blessed SAHM. I am blessed with an abundant amount of grace from my Creator and Savior. He has blessed me with an amazing man as my life long best friend, husband and father of our two precious gifts of energy and life. My days are full with the activities of homekeeping, and the joys and adventures of two healthy and energetic kiddos. I am basking in His grace daily.