Thursday, August 27, 2009

AH-HAs!

Don't you love when you find new ways, some double duty uses, to use some of the most very common things in our houses. My kindergartener loves to point out ways that we can Reuse and Recycle things. (She is becoming my Green Child.) So she is very proud of some "AH-HA" ideas, I ran across. These are the kind of ideas that make you want to say, "Now why didn't I think of that?"

5 Ah-HAs
1. Angel Food Pan- Use to keep corn on the cob steady so you can cut off the kernels with a knife. Stand a cob upright in the center hole, and as you cut the kernels off, they fall straight into the pan. AH-AH.

2. Play Doh - Prevent burns on the Fourth of July by placing lit sparklers into open can of play doh and enjoy a safer sparkling July 4th. AH-AH.

3. Colander - Place colander on top of smaller bowl when you want an ice bowl out for a party or family gathering. As the ice melts, the water drains into the bowl and your guests have fresh ice all night long. AH-AH.

4. Orange and Lemon Peels - Save your orange and lemon peels and let them dry out. They make GREAT fired starters. And bonus, they are fragrant fire starters. AH-AH.

5. Flower Flats - When you buy flowers, save the flower flats. They are perfect to slide under your van or car seats as sliding drawers to keep Kleenex boxes and CD's safe and from going all over the floor. AH-HA.

When new AH-HAs are discovered or some other idea for organizing life with kids is found, it will be shared here. Do you have any AH-HAs you would like to share?

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a very blessed SAHM. I am blessed with an abundant amount of grace from my Creator and Savior. He has blessed me with an amazing man as my life long best friend, husband and father of our two precious gifts of energy and life. My days are full with the activities of homekeeping, and the joys and adventures of two healthy and energetic kiddos. I am basking in His grace daily.