Thursday, August 27, 2009

Carpe Diem, Girls!

Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Ephesians 5:15-16
Too often I realize I am wishing time away. When it is cold and rainy outside and inside are grumpy, irritable kids, I am wishing for warmer weather. When it is blazing hot, as it can be in Georgia, I am wishing for the fall. I also have caught myself wishing for a better stage or phase in my kids. You know the ones, where exhausted mommy wishes the baby would sleep through the night or is weaned. The phase where the cookie-crunchers are potty-trained or not tattling anymore. But then one day, I discover that I have wished all of my time away. The sudden and startling realization is that while I was busy wishing for this stage or time to pass, I missed the opportunities that I had. Is any stage or time in life better than another, especialy when it is concerning our families? I remember another season long lost in history. It was a time when I was in high school and one of my favorite teachers introduced me to the the motto Carpe Diem- Seize the Day. You know, in a way, that motto is very Biblical. Paul reminds us in Ephesians to make the most of every opportunity, living wisely. The King James version calls it "redeeming the time."
I need to remember to make the most of every opportunity that God gives me today. To enjoy my children, husband and the circumstances I have now. I don't need to wait until just the right moment comes along because that moment may never come. I am to follow God's leading today, right now. So,Carpe Diem, Girls! Sieze this Day!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a very blessed SAHM. I am blessed with an abundant amount of grace from my Creator and Savior. He has blessed me with an amazing man as my life long best friend, husband and father of our two precious gifts of energy and life. My days are full with the activities of homekeeping, and the joys and adventures of two healthy and energetic kiddos. I am basking in His grace daily.