Monday, November 30, 2009

A Mom's Prayer

Let the words of my mouth be acceptable to you, O Lord.
A mom's words carry a great deal of power. How many times have our words calmed and soothed a baby's or child's cries? Words of affirmation bring smiles and beams of pride from our little ones. How often an "I love you" or "I am proud of you" feels a home with the warm feeling of acceptance and security. A mom's urgent and firm voice can bring to end misbehavior or stop a child in the middle of a dangerous or inappropriate act. However, words with sarcasm, irritation, and anger can crumple their spirits so quickly. It is important to remember that it isn't just the actual words that can build up and destroy but also the tone in which they are said and the body language that accompanies those words. If we can begin each day with this prayer, we may spare our loved ones from pain and ourselves from the bitter regret. Enjoy Jennifer's prayer- make it your own.
Remember to turn down the playlist below.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a very blessed SAHM. I am blessed with an abundant amount of grace from my Creator and Savior. He has blessed me with an amazing man as my life long best friend, husband and father of our two precious gifts of energy and life. My days are full with the activities of homekeeping, and the joys and adventures of two healthy and energetic kiddos. I am basking in His grace daily.