Monday, November 30, 2009

Just Desserts

Five Minutes to Chocolate Bliss

I think every woman needs to be empowered to meet her own chocolate needs when they arise. And, let’s face it, sometimes a bite of Dove or a Kiss from Hershey just won’t do. We need something freshly baked, gooey, warm and chocolaty to calm and inspire us. With little time to bake though, we settle for an Oreo or a handful of chocolate chips. No more.

Get out 2 mugs. One is for your coffee; the other is for your chocolate cake! A friend gave me this recipe you just must try. When I read it I thought, “no way; it can’t be that good if it’s that fast and easy.” Wrong. You have got to try it. It’s amazing, delicious and simple.

I’m just doing my part to spread the chocolate love and help the sisters out! Try it.

Ingredients:

1 large coffee mug (MicroSafe)
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract

Instructions:

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well.
Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.

EAT ! (This can serve 2 if you want to but no one has to know but us-I won’t tell if you won’t!).

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a very blessed SAHM. I am blessed with an abundant amount of grace from my Creator and Savior. He has blessed me with an amazing man as my life long best friend, husband and father of our two precious gifts of energy and life. My days are full with the activities of homekeeping, and the joys and adventures of two healthy and energetic kiddos. I am basking in His grace daily.