Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Let's Play!

I love finding things that I can do with my kids that fit into either holidays or themed events. It's the teacher in me emerging, okay?! The MOPS Cookbook, Feeding the Flock, has a whole section called Kids' Play with lots of fun activities to do with your kids. This recipe would be a perfect additon to the cookbook. By the way, cookbooks are still available for $6 to a MOPS mom. We are still wanting sell as many as we can for $10 as a part of our fund raising for our expenses.
Pumpkin Pie Play Dough

1 cup flour
1/4 cup salt
2 Tbsp cream of tartar
1 cup water
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
12 drops yellow food color
6 drops red food color

Mix all ingredients in a non-stick saucepan...cook and stir over medium heat. Keep stirring until the mixture pulls away from the sides and sticks together in a big lump when stirred. Dump out onto a cutting board, let cool. When cool enough to touch, knead for 2-3 minutes. If stored in an airtight container this will last for months.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a very blessed SAHM. I am blessed with an abundant amount of grace from my Creator and Savior. He has blessed me with an amazing man as my life long best friend, husband and father of our two precious gifts of energy and life. My days are full with the activities of homekeeping, and the joys and adventures of two healthy and energetic kiddos. I am basking in His grace daily.