Monday, June 1, 2009

Sweet as Pie

A favorite summer activitiy is right in our backyard- water sprinklers!! I remember running throught sprinklers as a young girl. Oh, the fun games you can create with a sprinkler. Not to mention it is refreshing on a hot day. This weekend, DH took the kids outside to cool off and get out of mommy's way as she cleaned out and rearranged the kiddo's bedrooms.(Enough said about what was happening in the house.
So with kids clad in cute swimsuits and a great sprinkler spraying water with daddy watching on, my little family enjoyed one of the greatest summer activities. It was all topped off with Daddy grilling and making homemade ice cream! Oh, sweet summer.
Sweet summer memories are also made of something else. Mosquitoes! Yeah, you heard me or read me right. Mosquito bites are a big part of my summer memories and will be of my kids' memories. After being outside in the summer, our evenings ended with baths and a coating of the coolest, prettiest pink lotion ever. As my DD would say,"It's Pinkalicious!" My Nanny and mom would tell us we shouldn't be so sweet and then the mosquitoes would leave us alone. Well, if sweetness has anything to do with mosquito bites then my kids are SWEET AS PIE! My little man still has a bit of baby fat on him so he is particularly a favorite of those buzzing summer visitiors. So if you see my little ones this summer, you will see lots of pinkalicious dollops on their sweet as pie selves.

Calamine Lotion Song
Improvise a tune and use a bottle of calamine lotion and a water spray bottle as props.
Calamine Lotion
Calamine, Calamine, Calamine Lotion
(Children repeat)
Oh no no not the lotion
(children repeat)
Itchy, itchy, scratchy, scratchy on my little backy, backy
(children repeat)
Get the buggy, buggy spray before they get me anyway
(children repeat)
PSHHHHH, PSHHHHHH
(Use the spray bottle and pretend to spray)
This song can be sung using a variety of voices such as how a football player
would sing it, a baby, a teenage girl etc. The children love to sing songs in a silly way!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a very blessed SAHM. I am blessed with an abundant amount of grace from my Creator and Savior. He has blessed me with an amazing man as my life long best friend, husband and father of our two precious gifts of energy and life. My days are full with the activities of homekeeping, and the joys and adventures of two healthy and energetic kiddos. I am basking in His grace daily.