Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Household Engineer

What a fun and informative morning we had at MOPS today!
Thank you to Christy for sharing some great ideas of organizing and cleaning in her house with all of her little ones a foot!
Here are 2 another "recipes" for super cleansers:
Cleanser 1
1 cup rubbing alcohol
1 cup water
1 Tbsp vinegar
Mix into spray bottle.

Cleanser 2
2 Tbsp ammonia
1/2 cup rubbing alcohol
1/4 cup vinegar
Mix in spray bottle and add water to fill line.

It is easy to get frustrated and overwhelmed with trying to keep house with little ones, but remembering to keep everything in perspective and correctly prioritized is important. Easier said than done, I know. I often get things out of whack. That is where prayer and asking God to be your portion for the day is so important! Our relationship with God should be the first thing we give attention to. I know again, easier said than done. But try to find some time to focus on God and His provision for you and your family maybe while putting away dishes, folding clothes, cooking dinner. Give Him praise for His creation. Perhaps as you push the stroller on a walk or push kids in a swing or weed a flower bed. Talk with your kids about God's Handiwork. Take time to pray with and for your kids. The power of Prayer is mighty. Often it is all we have as a line of defense to protect our kids.
Trying to get everything done each day and meet everyone's needs is too often the impossible dream. But building and fostering a relationship with God is so important for moms and families!
Praying for all of us moms and our relationships with God!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a very blessed SAHM. I am blessed with an abundant amount of grace from my Creator and Savior. He has blessed me with an amazing man as my life long best friend, husband and father of our two precious gifts of energy and life. My days are full with the activities of homekeeping, and the joys and adventures of two healthy and energetic kiddos. I am basking in His grace daily.